Sunday, July 9, 2017

Two days after the initial filing, and the same day as...

...the June 28, 2017 blog I wrote, Apparently for Some People..., about the town's lack of compliance with the Securities & Exchange Commission (S.E.C.) rule regarding Continuing Disclosure requirements, an additional document was added for the Town of New Hartford.

Under "Annual Financial Information and Operating Data", a document supposedly written with the help of Fiscal Advisors dated June 28, 2017 was added to the State Comptrollers AUD report that was previously reported to the S.E.C.

An interesting document to say the least as it seems to contradict some of Supervisor Tyksinski's campaign ad in the Town Crier. I'll get back to that later in the week.

At any rate, what is more important is the fact that, as part of the June 28th update to the Continuing Disclosure, no 2016 Financial Statement was added as required by the S.E.C. Rule 15c2-12.

Instead the unaudited report to the Comptroller was still listed under "Audited Financial Statements or CAFR" and the June 28, 2017 document prepared with the help of Fiscal Advisors states that, "The independent audit covering the fiscal year ending December 31, 2016 is not available as of the date of this Continuing Disclosure Statement."

Today, July 9th, the 2016 Financial Statements prepared by D'Arcangelo have still not been provided to the S.E.C.

What makes the lack of reporting the 2016 Financial Statement to the S.E.C. more intriguing is the fact that on July 5th I was contacted by the town clerk to let me know that she has a copy of the FINAL 2016 Financial Audit and would be sending it to me in response to my FOIL request of June 29, 2017.

The "FINAL" 2016 audit report she sent me was dated May 30, 2017, the day of my FOIL appeal for the DRAFT audit!

After looking over the "supposed" final copy of the 2016 Financial Audit prepared by D'Arcangelo, I found some rather curious pages; pages that might lead a reasonable person to believe that the audit was not the work of D'Arcangelo, but might have been altered by someone else so I requested "certification that the document I received is a correct copy of the FINAL 2016 Financial Statements" performed by D'Arcangelo.

On July 7, 2017, I received an email from the town clerk with an attached signed and dated copy of the certification I requested:
I, Patrick M. Tyksinski, as Supervisor of the Town of New Hartford, herewith certify that I have compared the attached copy of the original 2016 Final Financial Statement prepared by D' Arcangelo & Associates and that it is true and accurate.
If that is the case, and the copy I received is the "real" final copy of the 206 Financial Statement prepared by D'Arcangelo, then the town board needs to ask some serious questions at the next town board meeting!

Stay tuned as I run through some of the highlights of the newly submitted document prepared with the help of Fiscal Advisors!

Someone is trying to "fool" a lot of people! Is it Tyksinski; D'Arcangelo; or Fiscal Advisors?



2 comments:

Commissioner Gordon said...

When are the NYS auditors going to release their report? Before primary day I hope.

New Hartford, NY Online said...

Good question. I would think it would be soon.