Town Codes        Town Codes        Search Town Minutes

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thankful...

I am thankful for the love that surrounds me...

I am thankful for my children and family...

I am thankful for living in this great U.S.A...

I am thankful I don't live in the Willowvale Fire District. Last night at the town board meeting, Councilman Payne explained to the town board that the Willowvale Fire Chief doesn't want to have a public meeting to discuss the December 11, 2007 vote for residents in that district. They either don't want taxpayers to know and understand what they are voting on or they hope you don't know there is a vote. You can believe that the members of the Willowvale Fire Company and their families will be voting! Sort of makes what may be a good idea look bad...people have the right to be informed.

I am thankful that Supervisor Reed led the charge to ask Councilman Payne to 'suggest' to the Willowvale Fire Chief that a public information meeting is held prior to December 11th so that the taxpayers have a chance to learn about the proposal and a chance to ask questions. I just hope that they find a way to let people know when the public information meeting will take place. We would be happy to post the information regarding that meeting on our websites and blog...all Supervisor Reed has to do is let us know.

I am thankful for the people who have taken their time to send us 'tips' on our new Tip Line...because of YOU, things WILL start to change in New Hartford. Please keep writing to us!

I am thankful to Fred Flanagan for writing (and sharing) his thought-provoking book, My AMERICA...Is Democracy Floundering? Please take the time to read it and make up your mind to "get involved". We all need to do our part to defend democracy.

Take time to be thankful for all your blessings this Holiday Season and carry those thoughts with you throughout the year...and please remember...


Together, we will make a change!


p.s. We will be back on Friday to continue writing about the Badger Invitational...See you then!

We've had some inquiries regarding the vote...so for those wondering what vote...here is some information regarding what you will be asked to vote for or against. For further information, we suggest calling the Town Clerk's office. Whether or not there will be a public presentation where you can get further information or ask questions, remains to be seen. If we are alerted to such a meeting, we will post it on our blog.

5 comments:

Tired Taxpayer said...

I'm sorry, but I can't make heads nor tails of what you are talking about.

What vote? A vote on what? I can't recall ever voting on anything pertaining to the WFD, so why now? What do they want now?

... what is this all about? Is all you know about this is that WFD is having some kind of vote on something and they don't want anyone to know? This is crazy.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful that I dont live in New Hartford. :-D

Farmer John said...

What the Willowvale Residents do not know is that it will cost them approximately $65,000 plus admin fees to cover the cost of the fire department volunteers disability insurance.

This $65,000 will then be added to the tax bills of each Willowvale resident.

Anonymous said...

WE are thankful for YOU!

New Hartford, N.Y. Online said...

Thank you for the kind words.

Together, we can make a change!