Wednesday, May 30, 2007

New Hartford is Going to the Dogs!

There will be a Public Hearing on June 13, 2007 at the Myles Elementary School at 6:00 p.m. to amend the Code of the Town of New Hartford. Entitled Local Law Introductory "A" of 2007, the proposed law pertains to the hours of operation of the town parks and the rules for the Sherrillbrook Dog Park. That's right -- a doggy park. Residents will have a chance to speak either for or against the proposed law at the meeting on June 13, 2007.

I did some research on the web and found some Dog Park Etiquette. Just thought I would pass it along for anyone who plans to take their four-legged friend to the park.

By the way, to use the doggy park, you have to be a Town-approved applicant and you will need a Town-issued magnetic access card to enter the fenced area.

I love animals; I have two beautiful black labs myself, but...what will they think of next? Wonder who will be footing the bill for this one--a grant or a local business? Or maybe they are charging a fee to use the park and cover the expense. Guess we will have to attend the meeting to find out.

To read the proposed local law, please click here!

1 comment:

Woofie said...

Now, I have seen it all. Town Officials CANNOT even put together a Storm Water Policy, however, they NOW want to have a DOG PARK at Sherillbrook.

What will these village idiots be thinking of next?

To make matters worse, these elected "mutts" even have the park on Google.
( http://wikimapia.org/1686961/ )

I hope the Town's insurance carrier is aware of the huge liability over these matters. I thought we had enough sh*t to go around but this really smacks with b/s or should I say dog sh*t!. Now, all they need to do is start selling boots!